- State of compliance
- Test results
- Inaccessible content
- Derogations for disproportionate burden
- Content not subject to the accessibility obligation
- Establishment of this accessibility declaration
- Technologies used to create the website
- User agents, assistive technologies and tools used to verify accessibility
- Pages of the site subject to the compliance check
- Feedback and contact
INSEE is committed to making its internet, intranet, and extranet sites accessible in accordance with article 47 of law no. 2005-102 of 11 February 2005.
To this end, it is implementing a multi-year plan presenting INSEE's policy on digital accessibility (currently being drafted) as well as an annual action plan for the www.insee.fr website.
This declaration of accessibility applies to the www.insee.fr website.
State of compliance
The INSEE site does not comply with the General Accessibility Guidelines Ouvrir dans un nouvel onglet RGAA version 4.1. The non-conformities and possible derogations are listed below.
The compliance audit carried out by Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletEmpreinte Digitale reveals that :
- 63.51% of the RGAA criteria are respected;
- The average compliance rate of the online service is 88%.
The contents listed below are not accessible for the following reasons:
Only those non-conformities that are deemed to have the greatest impact and are present in significant quantities in the sample pages are listed here. On request, the full audit result can be made available.
- Some information-bearing images do not have an alternative or detailed description;
- Some texts and components have insufficient contrast ratios between text and background;
- Some table headings are not correctly defined;
- Some links do not have headings;
- Some links have irrelevant headings;
- Some scripted components are not correctly rendered or cannot be used correctly with
- Use of links instead of buttons;
- Main menu component;
- Checkbox components;
- Carousel components;
- Modal window component;
- Autocomplete component;
- Fold/unfold components;
- Accordion components;
- Choice list components;
- Tooltip components;
- Tree components;
- The user is not always notified of context changes and content updates;
- The source code of some pages is not valid;
- Some page titles are not relevant;
- Some language changes are not indicated;
- Some tags are only used for presentation purposes;
- Some titles are not correctly defined;
- Some content areas are not correctly structured;
- Some lists are not correctly structured;
- Some formatting elements are indicated directly on the page;
- The order of some contents is not relevant;
- The visibility of the focus is not always visible;
- Some texts are no longer readable when the spacing properties are changed;
- Some content displayed on hover cannot be displayed on keyboard;
- Some sets of checkboxes are not grouped;
- Expected formats in form fields are not always indicated;
- The tabbing order on the page is not always consistent;
- Some downloadable documents are not accessible and do not have an alternative version;
- Some moving content cannot be paused by the user.
Derogations for disproportionate burden
Content not subject to the accessibility obligation
Some videos are exempt from the accessibility requirement because they were put online before September 23, 2020.
Establishment of this accessibility declaration
This declaration was drawn up on 18 May 2021. It has been updated on July 11, 2022.
Technologies used to create the website
- Java ;
- HTML5 ;
- CSS 3;
User agents, assistive technologies and tools used to verify accessibility
The content rendering checks were performed with the following configurations:
- Firefox et NVDA ;
- Safari et VoiceOver ;
- Firefox et Jaws.
The following code checking tools were used to verify compliance with the RGAA tests:
- Colour Contrast Analyser;
- Web Developer Extension;
- RGAA Wizard Extension;
- WCAG Contrast checker extension;
- ARC Toolkit Extension;
- HeadingsMap Extension;
- Firefox Browser Integrated Developer Tools;
- W3C HTML Validator.
Pages of the site subject to the compliance check
- Page d'accueil ;
- Page contact ;
- Aide à la navigation ;
- Mentions légales et crédits ;
- Plan du site ;
- Rubrique "Statistiques et études" ;
- Indice des prix des logements ;
- Insee Première n° 1833 ;
- Insee Référence – Page d’accueil du produit ;
- Insee Référence – Page sommaire du produit ;
- Nomenclature classification des produits français ;
- Rubrique "Services" ;
- Dossier complet : Commune de Roubaix ;
- Fiche sectorielle Esane ;
- Consulter la NAF rev.2 ;
- Séries phares ;
- L’essentiel sur la Bretagne.
- Interactive tools are not covered by this audit and have been subject to a specific audit.
Feedback and contact
If you are unable to access a content or service, you can contact the website manager to be directed to an accessible alternative or to obtain the content in another form.
This procedure should be used in the following case:
You have notified the website operator of a lack of accessibility that prevents you from accessing a content or service of the portal and you have not received a satisfactory response.
- Write a message to the Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletRights Defender;
- Contact the delegate of the Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletRights Defender in your region;
- Send a letter by post (free of charge, do not put a stamp):
Human rights defender
Free reply 71120
75342 Paris CEDEX 07
- Contact the Human Rights Defender by telephone: 09 69 39 00 00.