In the sense of NAF rev. 2 (in force since 1 January 2008), audiovisual activities include :
- the production of cinema films, videos and television programmes ;
- post-production activities relating to cinema films, videos and television programmes ;
- the distribution of cinema films, videos and television programmes ;
- the screening of cinema films;- the production of sound recordings and music editing ;
- the scheduling and broadcasting of radio and television programmes.
The exploitation and management of copyright governing films or other audiovisual productions are considered to be audiovisual activities. These activities are described in divisions 59 and 60 of NAF rev. 2.
In NAF rev. 2, the operation of systems for distribution and transmission by radio channel, cable and satellite, is attached to telecommunications activities.