Technical changes in the web service SDMX
June 19, 2017: the dissemination of indices and time series has changed. The documentation was updated. You will find in this web page the main technical changes.
Please find below the correspondence table between former and new dataflows and another one for the datastructures.
The webservice now responds to https://bdm.insee.fr/series/sdmx/.
I – Changes in the structure of the request
In order to better comply with the standard SDMX, two changes will be made to the structure of the request.
Simplified access to series by their idbank or by dataflow
The agency must be entered as FR1. For example, FR1,IRL must be used instead of IRL.
Access to series by dataflow
All dimensions of a dataflow must be shown and separated by “.”.
The contour of the dataflows will change. There will be no automatic redirection in order to avoid the risk of misuse of data. Access to the list of dataflows
II – Changes in the structure of the response
Irrespective of the series, it will always have at least the following dimensions:
|FREQ||frequency||before dimension or attribute|
|REF_AREA||geographic area||before attribute|
|NATURE||type of measurement: index, variation, year-on-year||could exist as a dimension|
|INDICATEUR||measurement||could exist as a dimension|
|CORRECTION||raw, seasonal adjustment, seasonal adjustment-working days, etc.||could exist as a dimension|
|TIME_PERIOD||date of observation|
- The title of the series in English has been added to the title in French.
- The Time dimension, for which the identifier is TIME_PERIOD, will be systematically defined in first position in the new responses DSD, whereas it is in last position in the current web service.
- The unused attribute TIME_PER_COLLECT has been deleted.
III – Changes in observations
- The following attributes have been retained and their content remains the same: OBS_STATUS and DATE_JO.
- Four attributes have been added in order to define the observations in more detail,
the main modalities are already present in the attribute OBS_STATUS.
- E: estimate
- P: provisional value
- SD: semi-final value
- DEF: final value
- F: forecast
- F: public value
- C: confidential value
- Q: covered by statistical confidentiality
OBS_TYPE: type of value
- A: normal
- U: atypical
- O: missing
- ND: not available
- N: not significant
- 1: revised
- OBS_QUAL: quality
IV – Change in the response
There is no longer an English version of the error messages but the error codes remain the same.