Legislative framework for INSEE and official statistics
Reference texts relating to INSEE
On our website
Act No. 46-854 of 27 April 1946, as amended, opening and cancelling appropriations for the 1946 financial year: Articles 32 and 33 of this Act created the INSEE.
- Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletDecree 46-1432 of 14 June 1946, as amended, on public administration regulations for the application of Articles 32 and 33 of the Finance Act of 27 April 1946 relating to the National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies for Metropolitan France and Overseas France: this decree specifies the powers of INSEE.
- Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletOrder NOR: ECOO1934740A of 2 December 2019 relating to the internal organisation of the National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies.
Reference texts relating to INSEE and official statistics
- Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletAct No. 51-711 of 7 June 1951, as amended, on the obligation, coordination and secrecy of statistics. This is the fundamental law of official statistics in France.
- Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletDecree no. 2009-250 of 3 March 2009 as amended relating to the Official Statistics Authority.
- Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletDecree no. 2009-318 of 20 March 2009 on the National Council for Statistical Information and the Statistical Confidentiality Committee.
- Ouvrir dans un nouvel ongletOrder NOR EFIS 1311311A of 2 May 2013 relating to the organisation of the Official Statistics Label Committee.