In the sense of the NAF rev. 2 classification, communication services include services for remote transmission of voice, data, texts, sound and images.
They encompass :
- landline telephony ;
- mobile telephony ;
- advanced services: toll-free numbers, party lines, Audiotel and Minitel with shared income ;
- rented links: rental of transmission capacities between two points reserved for a client by an operator from land, satellite or submarine networks ;
- transport of data (including SMS): customised routing of data ;
- interconnection: services offered or purchased from other operators resulting from interconnection agreements between operators holding a licence or specialised service providers ;
- services for access to the Internet ;
- services for the broadcasting of television and radio programmes ;
- other services such as: management of private integrated networks, private mobile radio services, rental services, videoconferencing.
These activities are described in division 61 of the NAF rev. 2.