Household final consumption expenditure on cultural and recreational services (see section R of the French product classification CPF rev 2.1).
Expenditure on cultural and recreational services includes:
- expenditure on shows (cinema, television, theatre, music halls, fairground attractions, circuses, corridas, amusement parks, dances and night clubs);
- admission to museums and monuments;
- library services, rental of video cassettes and DVDs;
- expenditure related to sports (admission to swimming pools, golf courses, etc., membership to sports clubs, lessons given by independent teachers);
- games of chance and gambling (including casinos).
Are not taken into account: expenditure of books, newspapers, DVD and prerecorded video cassettes. They are expenditure of cultural goods and not cultural services.