Number of employees in the Official Statistical System at 1st January 2017
The official statistical system is "functionally decentralised".
In the following table of employees, the scope of the SSMs is broader than that defined in Decree 2009-250 of 3 March 2009 concerning the Official Statistics Authority. It includes the statistical units of the decentralised Ministerial Departments.
Total official statistics
|All||Central departments||Decentralised departments|
|INSEE + Ministries||7537||2848||4689|
- (*) Employees at 31 December 2016
- (**) not including GENES personnel (313 agents)
- (***) Head Office including Metz Statistical Centre and national computer centres
By statistical domain
|All Ministerial Statistical Departments (SSM)||of which central administration including provinces||of which decentralised departments including those in Île-de-France region|
|Total||of which INSEE||Total||of which INSEE||Total||of which INSEE|
|Sustainable development (*)||247||95||176||95||71||20|
|Higher Education, Research||66||13||66||13||0||0|
|Youth Affairs and Sports||8||6||8||6||0||0|
|Health and Solidarity (**)||184||67||170||58||14||10|
|Labour, Employment, Training||271||72||165||43||106||29|
|Total in SSM||1 928||483||1082||331||846||152|
|Total category A agents||1272||452||837||314||435||138|
|Total category B agents||407||29||144||16||263||13|
|Total category C agents||249||2||101||1||148||1|
- (*) The three INSEE agents recruited via the creation of three inter-regional centres for the production of housing and construction statistics in the DREAL Directorates (Montpellier, Rennes and Lyon) are counted with central administration and not with decentralised departments.
- (**) Non-INSEE agents included in regional health agencies (ARS) since 1 April 2010 are no longer counted with the decentralised ministerial departments.