Number of employees in the Official Statistical System at 1st January 2018
The official statistical system is "functionally decentralised".
In the following table of employees, the scope of the SSMs is broader than that defined in Decree 2009-250 of 3 March 2009 concerning the Official Statistics Authority. It includes the statistical units of the decentralised Ministerial Departments.
Total official statistics
|All||Central departments||Decentralised departments|
|INSEE + Ministries||7537||2848||4689|
- (*) Employees at 31 December 2016
- (**) not including GENES personnel (313 agents)
- (***) Head Office including Metz Statistical Centre and national computer centres
By statistical domain
|All Ministerial Statistical Departments (SSM)||of which central administration including provinces||of which decentralised departments including those in Île-de-France region|
|Total||of which INSEE||Total||of which INSEE||Total||of which INSEE|
|Sustainable development (*)||236||97||168||78||68||19|
|Higher Education, Research||61||16||61||16||0||0|
|Youth Affairs and Sports||10||6||10||6||0||0|
|Health and Solidarity||172||58||172||58||0||0|
|Labour, Employment, Training||261||72||158||43||103||29|
|Total||1 812||477||1 065||336||747||141|
|Total category A agents||1 243||441||836||319||407||122|
|Total category B agents||358||34||136||15||222||19|
|Total category C agents||211||2||93||2||118||0|
|Total in SSM||1 372||392||1 065||336||307||56|
- Note: The number of employees in SSM is shown in bold, the scope of which is defined in the appendix of the decree 2009-250 of the 3rd of March 2009 relating to the Authority of Public Statistics, updated on 8th of August 2017 by order .
- (*) The INSEE agents recruited via the creation of three inter-regional centres for the production of housing and construction statistics in the DREAL Directorates (Montpellier, Rennes and Lyon) are counted with central administration and not with decentralised departments.