Monthly tendency survey in services
The objective of the monthly business tendency survey in services is to provide early information on the evolution of service activity for the purpose of short-term diagnosis and forecasting in this sector, both at national and European level.
The purpose of the business survey in services is to capture the opinion of business leaders on their recent activity and business prospects. The business leaders interviewed give their opinion on the recent and upcoming evolution of their turnover, their selling prices and their workforce, the expected demand, the general business prospects of the sector. They also provide an opinion on their cash position and investments. They also give an indication of their recruitment difficulties, their general feeling about the overall situation of their company and possible factors limiting its activity.
This survey is part of the joint harmonised EU programme of business and consumer surveys managed by the European Commission (Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs - DG ECFIN). As such, the questionnaire, classifications and methodology are largely harmonised between the national public or private organizations carrying out this survey in the programme partner countries. For more information: https://ec.europa.eu/info/files/user-guide-joint-harmonised-eu-programme-business-and-consumer-surveys_en
The survey also makes it possible to calculate two synthetic indicators:
the synthetic indicator of the business climate in services;
the economic downturn indicator, which aims to detect as soon as possible when the economic downturn occurs.
The quaterly survey was conducted for the first time in 1988. From 2000 to 2007, the survey has occurred each month except in August. Since 2008, it occurrs every month.
Documentation par millésimes
- Monthly tendency survey in services 2023
- Monthly tendency survey in services 2022
- Monthly tendency survey in services 2021
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2020
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2019
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2015
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2014
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2013
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2012
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2010
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2008
- Monthly outlook survey in services 2007
- Monthly consumer confidence survey
- Sales index in retail trade and personal services
- Services Production index (base 2015)
- Services Production index base 2010
- Turnover index in services
- Turnover index in the wholesale trade and business services