- Level VI and Level Vb: having stopped schooling in the first three years of secondary education or abandonments in course of vocational training or in course of classes in shorter secondary education tracks before the final year ;
- Level V: having completed the final year of short vocational tracks or dropped out of schooling during general secondary education before the final year ;
- Level IV: having completed secondary education or dropped out of education after the Baccalauréat without reaching level III ;
- Level III : having completed a diploma equivalent to two years of higher education (DUT, BTS, DEUG, nursing and social training courses, etc) ;
- Levels II and I: having completed a diploma of upper level to two years of higher education (license, maitrise, master, DEA, DESS, doctorate, or Grande Ecole diploma).