Legislative framework for INSEE
Act No 46-854 of April 27, 1946 amended, allocating and rescinding funds for fiscal year 1946.
Decree No 46-1432 of June 14, 1946 amended for the application of the articles 32 and 33 of the Act No 46-854 of April 27, 1946, related to the National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies (Insee).
Legislative framework for official statistics (French law) (texts in French)
- Act No 51-711 of June 7, 1951 amended on Legal Obligation, Coordination and Confidentiality in the Field of Statistics.
- Decree No 2009-250 of March 3, 2009 on the Official Statistical Authority.
- Decree No 2009-318 of March 20, 2009 on the National Council for Statistical Information and on the Committee for Statistical Confidentiality.
- Order of April 27, 2005 on the organization and the functioning of the quality-label committee for statistical surveys.
- Order of April 27, 2005 on the organization and the functioning of National Commission for economic and social classifications.
- Order of April 27, 2005 on the organization and the functioning of National commission for the Assessment of the Population Census.
- Act No 2002-276 of February 27, 2002 on local democracy. Articles 156 to 158 of this act are devoted to the organization of the population census.
- Decree No 2003-485 of June 5, 2003 on the population census.
- Act No 78-17 of January 6, 1978 amended on Data processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties.
European legislative framework